The Animal and Law Chair aims to define a comprehensive principle of 'animal dignity' in our society, because the legal framework in this regard is not currently well-defined.
The purpose of this chair is twofold:
- develop animal dignity as a legal principle on which human acts and omissions with regard to animals should be based;
- encourage public dialogue from a scientific perspective to raise awareness of the concept of animal dignity.
The chair includes a PhD research assignment, but also offers an interfaculty and interuniversity series of lectures on animal rights. In addition, the chair can leverage its expertise to offer activities tailored to a broader scientific and non-scientific audience, such as debates and training activities.
- Chairholder: Frederik Swennen
- Faculty: Law
- Active: since 2018
- Partner: anonymous patron
Want to know more? Be sure to check out the website.
Support this chair
This chair is open to free donations. Here’s how you can contribute.
Step 1 - Donation
There are two ways to donate:
- By bank transfer to bank account number BE42 7310 4624 7854 in the name of 'Universiteit Antwerpen'. Be sure to mention 'fiscaal attest' (tax certificate) and your preferred destination, in this case: 'Animal Law Chair' in the communication field.
- By online payment, where you can indicate your preferred destination straight away.
Step 2 - Donation form
In order to allocate your donation correctly, we recommend you to also send us the donation form where you indicate your preference for the destination of the amount again.
Send the filled in form:
- digitally: email it to firstname.lastname@example.org ( a scan or photo are sufficient)
- by post: Universiteitsfonds Antwerpen - Middelheimlaan 1 M.A.223 - 2020 Antwerpen