Background Responsible Fashion Series
The Responsible Fashion Series originated as part of the Fashion Colloquia collection of events founded by four institutions: London College of Fashion, Parsons school of Fashion and Design in New York, IFM, Paris and Domus from Milan. This new series reflects the need for fashion to take on a new mature and responsible approach for supporting the future of fashion.
Attracting a rich variety of contributions from a broad selection of people – from academia, media and practice – and utilize contributions for uploading to a newly established international repository for fashion.
At each Responsible Fashion event there is a mixture of specific themes of particular relevance to the specific location, and series themes, which allow different sets of contributions to be added and explored. This was also the case in Antwerp with the theme "Can Fashion Save the World".
Previous Fashion Colloquia addressed a variety of topics, including:
- Can Fashion Save The World? (Antwerp, October 2021)
- Heritage (Jaipur, January 2020),
- Disruption Fashion (Rome, September 2019),
- New Luxury (Arnhem, May 2018),
- Local production (Ho Chi Min, July 2016);
- Sustainable development in social, economic, environmental, cultural and geographic dimensions (Sao Paulo, April 2016);
- The future of the fashion weeks (Milan, September 2015).