Students can apply for ‘student entrepreneur’ status.
This status gives you:
- Support through coaching tailored to your needs.
The coaching is provided by experts associated with UAntwerp, TAKEOFFANTWERP and/or other UAntwerp partners.
Coaching is made to measure and can cover various areas of expertise such as:
- intellectual property
- business modelling
- business planning
- networking, and so on.
The exact content of your coaching sessions will be determined during the intake session at TAKEOFFANTWERP (see below).
- Special considerations
As a student entrepreneur, you can request special educational and/or exam considerations through the Study Advice and Student Counselling Service.
- In addition, TAKEOFFANTWERP provides access to work or office space, meeting rooms and participation in TAKEOFFANTWERP events.
Please note that you will need to reapply for the status every academic year!
Students who run their own businesses or are planning to launch businesses in the next year qualify for the status of student entrepreneur.
To qualify for student entrepreneur status you must meet several conditions:
About your company:
- You have already set up a company, for example, a sole proprietorship, partnership, non-profit association or other recognised company type
- You have a specific idea: you must be able to present a first draft of your business plan to demonstrate the potential of your idea
About your studies:
- You have already acquired at least 60 credits
- You have obtained credit certificates for at least 60% of the credits earned during the previous academic year
You should also be prepared to present your company at the closing event of TAKEOFFANTWERP.
Upon being granted the status, you should arrange an intake (start-up supervision) at TAKEOFFANTWERP.
- Step 1: Fill in the online form ‘student-entrepreneur status application' (Dutch)
- First semester: If you want to obtain the status during the first semester, you should submit your application before 15 September 2017. After this date your application will be deferred to the second semester.
- Second semester: If you are requesting the status in the second semester, you must do so no later than 2 February 2018. Students who do not submit their applications on time will not be able to enjoy the benefits of the status and accompanying special considerations during that semester.
- Step 2: Information session
Once you have submitted your application, you will need to attend a mandatory information session. When submitting your application, you will be asked when you would prefer to attend this session.
- Step 3
After completing the online form, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your preference for the mandatory general session.
- Step 4
Each application must be substantiated with a file of supporting documents. This file must be submitted digitally using a link you will receive in the email mentioned in Step 3.
- Step 5
Upon approval of your status, you will receive an email from the Committee for Student Entrepreneurship confirming that the faculty can grant you special considerations. From then on, you can also enjoy the other benefits of the status.
TAKEOFFANTWERP is an initiative led by the Antwerp University Association (University of Antwerp, Artesis Plantijn University College, Antwerp Maritime Academy and Karel de Grote University College) and the city of Antwerp which aims to support entrepreneurship among students.