Reproductions (photographs or scans) of materials from the Special Collections can be ordered at the desk of the Special Collections Reading Room or by email. A minimum delivery time of three days applies for photographs, while for scans the delivery time is approximately seven days. Large or complex orders may take longer.
Sometimes it may not be possible to order a reproduction due to the condition of the material. If this is the case, an employee of the Special Collections will contact you to discuss possible alternatives.
Digital reproductions meant for personal study may never be used for any commercial goal. It is strictly forbidden to copy, spread or sell these pictures in any way. The use of digital reproductions for publication requires the permission of the curator. If you wish to publish digital reproductions, you will need to provide:
- a complete citation of the source in the publication:
University Library of Antwerp, Special Collections, [object number]
- one copy of the publication for the library
Students and researchers are permitted to use their own (digital) camera to make reference copies of original material. If necessary, they can use the reading room's camera stand for this.
The following rules apply:
- Taking photographs is only allowed with permission of a staff member.
- The use of a flash is not allowed.
- The images you take are only to be used for personal study and research.
- Reproductions meant for publication may only be made by the library staff.