Applications are now closed
STRATEGO, the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence at the University of Antwerp invites applications for its Visiting Researchers Programme 2024. Specifically, the programme is targeted at early-career researchers working within STRATEGO’s areas of research and wishing to conduct a short research visit at University of Antwerp.
The STRATEGO Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence will develop interdisciplinary synergies on EU governance, trust and sustainable development at the University of Antwerp. STRATEGO brings together scholars from 7 research groups: Politics & Public Governance, International Politics, Government & Law, Department of Management, Plant &Ecosystems, Evolutionary ecology, and Centre for Health Economics Research &Modelling Infectious Diseases. Together, the STRATEGO consortium gathers complementary, high-level expertise and multidisciplinary competences in the area of sustainability, trust and European governance, allowing the Centre to develop synergies between the disciplines and resources in European studies at University of Antwerp. More details on STRATEGO and the consortium can be found on www.uantwerpen.be/stratego.
STRATEGO’s Visiting Researchers Programme
STRATEGO aims to develop a joint research agenda on sustainability, trust and European multi-level governance with the purpose of generating knowledge and insights in support of EU policymaking. In this context, STRATEGO is committed to hosting external early-career researchers for short research visits of up to 2 months at the University of Antwerp. There will be a two-way transfer of knowledge between the visiting scholars and the STRATEGO Centre, benefiting from each other’s expertise. Visiting scholars will be hosted by one of the participating research groups. STRATEGO will fund travel and accommodation costs up to € 1.600,00 for each of the selected candidates. STRATEGO will also offer office space and full access to campus facilities. Up to 5 candidates will be selected for a research visit.
- Applicants should:
- a) either be in the final two years of their PhD trajectory (proven record of 2 years prior PhD research),
- b) have obtained their doctoral degree (PhD) at the time of submission and have obtained their PhD not earlier than 2016.
- You are preparing OR have obtained your PhD in one of the disciplines of the participating research groups (law, social science, political science, public administration, economics, biology, or health and medicine).
- Your current research activities are related to STRATEGO’s theme of “Sustainability and Trust in EU Multilevel Governance” and matches the research agenda of one of the participating research groups.
- You are proficient in English.
- You have experience with interdisciplinary research.
- You commit to presenting your current research in at least one seminar for the STRATEGO consortium and/or one guest lecture for students.
- You actively participate in the activities of STRATEGO and the hosting research group.
- You choose a supervisor that is part of the STRATEGO consortium (https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/projects/stratego/consortium/). Preferably, you have contacted the supervisor of your choice before submission.
- You reside in Antwerp for a consecutive period of up to 2 months in 2024 (excl. July and August).
- You acknowledge STRATEGO in any publications (partly) resulting from the Visiting Scholars Programme.
- Travel and accommodation costs refunded up to € 1.600,00.
- Facilities to conduct your research at University of Antwerp (desk space, log-in, library access, etc.).
- The possibility to fully participate in the activities of STRATEGO and the hosting research group.
- The possibility to communicate your own research to the members of STRATEGO and of the research groups involved.
How to apply?
Applications are now closed
The deadline for applications is January 12, 2024 (23:59 CET). The application should include:
- Your motivation (half a page) explaining why you want to be a visiting researcher at University of Antwerp and why STRATEGO would be a good fit for your work.
- An activities proposal (half a page) outlining the goal of and proposed activities during the research visit.
- The envisaged period of the research visit (arrival and departure date), which should take place in 2024 (excluding July and August).
- The supervisor you envision for your research visit and the research group you intend to join.
- An academic CV, including publication list
- Contact details
Submit your application, including all required materials listed above, to email@example.com. All materials should be emailed as a single PDF file with the subject line “STRATEGO Visiting Researcher, FULL NAME”. The application deadline is January 12, 2024 at 23:59 CET (Brussels time). Review of applications will be completed and invitations sent by mid-February 2024 at the latest.
Please do not upload additional documentation (e.g., letters of recommendation, transcripts, funding documentation, English language proficiency documentation, and so forth). It is important that applicants properly follow the guidelines above.
For further information, please contact STRATEGO’s project manager Sophie Op de Beeck by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.