The department of Nursing and Midwifery Sciences aims to become a leading institution with regional, national and international appeal in terms of both research and education in the field. The divsion is responsible for developing five key areas:
- the policy and objectives of the education provided;
- the policy and objectives of the research conducted;
- collaboration and synergy with the Nursing and Midwifery Bachelor programme offered by the Antwerp University Association and its partners;
- provision of services to the community, communication and public relations;
- consultation with professional bodies (national and international advisory councils).
The department strives to achieve a national and international reputation and visibility and has the following specific objectives:
- to present a united approach to all aspects of nursing and midwifery on behalf of the Antwerp University Association and its partners;
- to guarantee the recruitment of new students and position the programme(s) in regional, national and international study programmes;
- to strengthen the scientific position of the lines of research being pursued and to maximise access to potential research projects through partnerships and networks both nationally and internationally.