The Bio-Imaging Lab (led by prof. Annemie Van Der Linden) performs in vivo neuro-imaging (with focus on MRI) to study neurodegeneration, neuroregeneration and neuroplasticity in laboratory animals. In addition, the lab is a core facility for in vivo imaging.
To this end, the Bio-Imaging has following infrastructure:
Small animal MRI systems
- Two 7 Tesla Pharmascans (Bruker BioSpin, Germany)
- One 9.4 Tesla BioSpec (Bruker BioSpin, Germany)
- One Benchtop 4.7 Tesla MR System (MR Solutions, UK).
- One Biospace Photon Imager
- One IVIS camera (owned by Dept.of Medicine - Oncolocy)
Micro CT systems
- one in vivo micro-CT (Skyscan 1076)
- one in vitro micro-CT (Skyscan 1072)
More detailed information on the research of the Bio-Imaging Lab can be found on the website of the Bio-Imaging Lab.