PR2’s core research domain is private (international) law. Our research programme is divided in four interconnected lines: personality rights, contractualisation, liability & accountability, and kinship studies. The focus in our research programme is on private ordering in private (international) law. Multi-level governance and globalisation is our content driver and socio-legal studies our methodological driver.
PR2 is the hub for exciting research in the broader structures of:
- FWO Scientific Research Network (WOG 2015-2024) RETHINKIN – Rethinking Legal Kinship & Family Studies in the Low Countries, of which we are the core group.
- Antwerp Health Law and Ethics Chair, an externally endowed University of Antwerp Chair.
- Antwerp Liability Law and Insurance Chair, an externally endowed University of Antwerp Chair.
- The Animal & Law Chair, an externally endowed University of Antwerp Chair.
The projects of PR2 are linked with:
- The Law Faculty’s Key Research Domains Personality Rights and Multi-level governance & Subsidiarity that link the Faculty’s different research groups and centres
- The University (Emerging) Key Research Domains Socio-economic Policy and Organisation, Multi-level governance, Globalisation & Federalism, Urban History and Contemporary Urban Policy, Neurosciences and Drug Discovery and Development.