The Ruusbroec Institute encourages (international) scholars to do research at the Institute, and make use of its collections and expertise.
Strengths of the Ruusbroec Institute
- our expertise is not limited to one period in time, but crosses the borders of the traditional eras (e.g. Middle Ages, Renaissance, Modern era)
- we have expertise in many different fields of research (e.g. historical, theological, literary, book-historical)
- we have an excellent, independent and up-to-date research library, and other important libraries are close by: Antwerp University Library, Printing Museum Plantin-Moretus, Heritage Library Hendrik Conscience
- we are a dynamic research institute with a large (inter)national network; we organize and participate in conferences, and reach out to a wider non-academic audience as well
- we operate within the infrastructure of the University of Antwerp
- we have a strong tradition of hosting international PhD students, postdoctoral researchers and (independent) scholars
The University of Antwerp
For questions about accommodation, please contact the International Housing Officer of the University of Antwerp.
More information can be found on the website of the University of Antwerp:
If you want to carry out research at the Ruusbroec Institute you can apply for funding at several funding bodies. The University of Antwerp website gives a good overview:
- Internal funding
- Flemish funding
- Belgian funding
- European funding
- or you can try one of the funding bodies in your home country
Each year the Universitair Centrum Sint-Ignatius Antwerpen offers opportunities to invite researchers for a research stay at the University of Antwerp, the UCSIA scholarships.
If you have any questions about carrying out research at the Ruusbroec Institute, please do not hesitate to contact Pierre Delsaerdt, director of the Ruusbroec Institute, or another relevant member of staff.