The Ruusbroec Institute encourages (international) scholars to do research at the Institute, and make use of its collections and expertise.
Strengths of the Ruusbroec Institute
- our expertise is not limited to one period in time, but crosses the borders of the traditional eras (e.g. Middle Ages, Renaissance, Modern era)
- we have expertise in many different fields of research (e.g. historical, theological, literary, book-historical)
- we have an excellent, independent and up-to-date research library, and other important libraries are close by: Antwerp University Library, Printing Museum Plantin-Moretus, Heritage Library Hendrik Conscience
- we are a dynamic research institute with a large (inter)national network; we organize and participate in conferences, and reach out to a wider non-academic audience as well
- we operate within the infrastructure of the University of Antwerp
- we have a strong tradition of hosting international PhD students, postdoctoral researchers and (independent) scholars
The University of Antwerp
For questions about accommodation, please contact the International Housing Officer of the University of Antwerp.
More information can be found on the website of the University of Antwerp:
- information for international staff
- information for international students