September 7 - 11, 2021
✔ A week-long series of presentations, debates and practical workshops focused on key challenges for pharma logistics and pharma supply chains
✔ An innovative forum for supply chain, pharma and air freight professionals as well as (advanced) master and PhD students to broaden their industry expertise including field visits and informal activities
✔ The Pharma Logistics Masterclass will be offered in a hybrid format: participants can attend on campus, or via livestream. If the national corona measures do not allow attendance on campus, we will shift to a fully digital version
Why should you participate?
- Are you interested in the latest developments concerning pharma logistics knowledge?
- Would you like to know more about pharma and live sciences supply chain structures?
- Would you like to develop your knowledge of the pharma and live sciences market?
- Are you curious about best practices in (last mile) pharma logistics?
If so, don’t miss it and join us at the Pharma Logistics Masterclass
The Pharma Logistics Masterclass covers a variety of topics. Themes vary from basic to in-depth knowledge around live science markets - production, storage and handling of pharmaceuticals and vaccines - economic and operational challenges. Renowned speakers from the academic community and the pharma sector highlight topics such as pharma logistics knowledge, role of hinterland, maritime and air freight transport in pharma supply chains, pharma logistics costs, last mile strategies, pharma communities, etc.
Pharma logistics experts – academics and high-level practitioners – discuss everything that academics or PhD students in pharma logistics teaching and research as well as (aspiring) professionals need to know:
- knowledge about pharmaceuticals and vaccine production, storage, and handling conditions,
- deep insight in pharma supply chains and related logistical costs,
- economic and operational challenges in air and maritime transport of pharmaceuticals and vaccines,
- last mile pharmaceutical distribution,
- specific challenges in European, American and Asian pharma logistics,
and more core themes from the pharma industry.
You will be able to get to know your fellow professionals or academics during our informal networking breaks, taking full advantage of our location in the heart of the historic city of Antwerp.
For professionals, academics and PhD or advanced students
A different theme every day
Tuesday 7 September
Air transport & pharmaceuticals
Wednesday 8 September
Pharmaceuticals & vaccines
Thursday 9 September
Cost Chain Model & maritime transport of pharmaceuticals
Friday 10 September
Site visits GlaxoSmithKline, Air Cargo Belgium BRUCure, Brussels Airport
Saturday 11 September
Pharmaceutical last mile distribution challenges
- Prof. Dr. Pierre Van Damme (University of Antwerp)
- Prof. Dr. Wouter Dewulf (University of Antwerp)
- Prof. Dr. Roel Gevaers (University of Antwerp)
- Prof. Dr. Christa Sys (University of Antwerp)
- Prof. Dr. Edwin Van Hassel (University of Antwerp)
- Prof. Dr. Tom O’Brien (Executive Director at Center for International Trade and Transportation, California State University Long Beach – Metrans)
- Prof. Dr. Thierry Vanelslander (University of Antwerp)
- Dr. Sven Buyle (University of Antwerp)
- Dr. Christelle Laot (Technical Fellow - Specialty Services Healthcare Fedex)
- Dr. Alexis Nsamzinshuti (Senior Research Associate – ULB)
- Mr. Jef Molenaers (Global Industry Lead Pharma Essers)
- Mr. Nathan De Valck (Head Of Cargo Product & Network Development at Brussels Airport Company
- Mr. Frank Van Gelder (Senior Consultant Medical Industry and Supply Chain)
- Ms. Ester Van den Bossche (UPS Expert SME temperature-controlled supply chains, Packaging & Technology, Monitoring, UPS Healthcare Temperature Protection Solutions, Packaging Engineer)
- Mr. Geert Keirens (Director Air Cargo Belgium)
- Mr. Martin Koehnke (Global Supplier & Network Compliance Manager Healthcare – Air Bridge Cargo)
- Ms. Yulia Celetaria (Air Bridge Cargo)
- Mr. Bruno Guella (Managing Director Montevideo Airport)
- Long Beach Healthcare department
- Brussels Airport
- And many more to come…
- University of Antwerp, Stadscampus.
- Online via Zoom
How to book a hotel
Follow the steps in the right order
- Go to the online booking tool
- First enter the discount code UAACB19 and click on ‘Validate’
- Then enter the arrival and departure dates and click on ‘Search’
- You’ll see an overview of all available hotels and their Best Available Rate -10%, at that moment, including any cancellation conditions
- Choose a hotel and book your room
With thanks to the Antwerp Convention Bureau (ACB)
- Register before 31 August 2021 via the online registration tool.
- To register several participants, use separate forms.
- Registration is only valid after confirmation of payment.
Price (excl. VAT)
- Early bird fee (registration before/on 30 June 2021): € 600 (€ 420 for Pharma.aero members)
- Regular fee (registration after 30 June 2021): € 800 (€ 560 for Pharma.aero members)
- Special rates for Master students available on request.
- The online registration includes Masterclass documentation.
On campus attendance
- Early bird fee (registration before/on 30 June 2021): € 900 (€ 630 for Pharma.aero members)
- Regular fee (registration after 30 June 2021): €1.200 (€ 840 for Pharma.aero members)
- Special rates for Master students available on request.
- On campus attendance includes dinners, coffee breaks, site visits and Masterclass documentation.
- Prof. dr. Roel Gevaers (chair)
- Prof. dr. Tom O'Brien (co-chair)
- Prof. dr. Pierre Van Damme (co-chair)
- dr. Sven Buyle
- Prof. dr. Wouter Dewulf
- Prof. dr. Christa Sys
- Prof. dr. Thierry Vanelslander
- Prof. dr. Edwin Van Hassel
- Mr. Frank Van Gelder (co-chair)
- Mr. Nathan De Valck