Major of Transport and Logistics
In the Masters year of the programme of Applied Economics: Business Economics, Business Engineering and Business Engineering in Management Information Systems, students get to choose from a number of majors. Each major is a specialisation in which to graduate. The Major of Transport and Logistics (organized by the department of Transport and Regional Economics) is one of those.
Within the Major of Transport and Logistics, the Department aims at students intending to start a career as:
- junior transport consultants being sent out towards transport or port companies or towards companies looking for transport solutions;
- higher management within a logistics and transport company, in a position to decide or advise upon cost calculation, pricing, vehicle or cargo handling equipment investment, acquisition or application of fleet management software, supply of liner services, choice of ports of call, etc.;
- management within a company calling for external transport or organising own transport, where they decide on inventory management rules, just-in-time transport, provisioning and delivery procedures, etc.;
- junior consultants to public authorities dealing with transport policy topics;
- members of research departments of banks, public bodies, ports, public transport companies, parastatals or political parties, where they do research on transport, ports, and airports.