ADReM focuses on foundational research in the areas of databases, knowledge management, and data mining. Our research entails:
- the design of both centralized and distributed database architectures for the scalable support of structured, semi-structured, and graph-oriented data models;
- the study of formal query languages for the above data models, as well as the development of efficient processing and query-optimization techniques for database-oriented query languages such as SQL, XPath/XQuery and SPARQL;
- the development of both deterministic and probabilistic data-cleaning techniques in the presence of logical constraints and data uncertainty;
- the study of scalable data-mining principles and algorithms for the unsupervised detection of patterns in the form of statistical correlations and logical dependencies;
- the study of inductive databases and query languages, towards the goal of integrating data mining technologies in database systems;
- the development and application of data mining strategies for the integrative analysis and interpretation of heterogeneous biomolecular (proteome, metabolome, genome, …) profiles, structures, spectra and networks.