Esther de Boe has worked as a junior lecturer with the French section of the Department of Translation and Interpreting at the University of Antwerp (former Artesis University College), Belgium, since 2011 and is responsible for bachelor and master courses in translation and interpreting. She holds a MA in Liberal Arts from the University of Utrecht, the Netherlands, a MA in Translation, as well as a European Master in Conference Interpreting, both from Artesis University College, Antwerp. Esther de Boe is a sworn translator and interpreter in French, German and Dutch in the Netherlands, performing (remote) interpreting tasks in court and asylum cases and has recently successfully defended her doctoral thesis on remote interpreting in medical healthcare at the University of Antwerp entitled: "Remote Interpreting in healthcare. A comparative study on the influence of telephone and videolink use on the quality of interpreter-mediated communication".
Statute & functions
Assisterend academisch pers.
- principal research fellow
- Bureau Onderwijscommissie Vertalers en Tolken (effectief stemgerechtigd lid)
- Departementsraad Vertalers en Tolken (effectief stemgerechtigd lid)
- Faculteitsraad Faculteit Letteren & Wijsbeg. (effectief stemgerechtigd lid)
- Onderwijscommissie Vertalers en Tolken (effectief stemgerechtigd lid)