1. The Master possesses deeper knowledge of and insight into the structures, methodology and systematics of Belgian, European and international law and of the foundations of law.
2. The Master possesses profound knowledge of and broad insight into one or more specific areas of law.
3. The Master possesses knowledge of and insight into other legal systems and legal comparative methods.
4. The Master is able to position law in terms of the value- and context-boundedness of time and space.
5. The Master is able to make efficient use of legal sources via national and international databases.
6. The Master is able to evaluate both Dutch and non-Dutch-language legal sources critically and to assess their value in, for example, solving complex cases.
7. The Master is able to construct legal arguments about complex legal problems using substantiated claims.
8. The Master is able to assess the interests at stake in solving a legal problem and to take into account the societal consequences of the solutions proposed.
9. The Master is able to express and defend his/her legal arguments correctly, concisely and clearly, and in a manner that is appropriate to the target audience.
10. The Master has the skills necessary to apply the acquired research methods and techniques independently.
11. The Master is able to formulate a research question independently, prepare and implement a research plan and evaluate research results critically at a level appropriate to a beginning researcher.
12. The Master is aware of the continuous development of the law and follows the developments of legislation, jurisdiction and doctrine in the studied legal domains.
13. The Master understands the importance of deadlines and agreements and is aware of the consequences of not adhering to them.
14. The Master is able to mediate and negotiate.
15. The Master is able to take a correct approach to confidentiality and the duty of discretion.
16. The Master possesses thorough knowledge of the deontological rules of the legal professions as well as of audit and tax advisory (including all legal duties).