Side header image

Pre-departure formalities

  • Deregister at the city hall: Just as you registered at the city hall when you first arrived and received your residence permit, before you leave you need to contact the authorities. See procedure here
  • If you have worked part time during your studies, you need to complete a tax declaration.
  • If you unexpectedly end your studies before receiving your diploma, you need to inform the Registrar's office, pay all outstanding fees and deregister at the City Hall. 
  • End all insurance policies in writing and remember to cancel your lease/rental agreement in good time. This should usually be done a minimum of three months in advance.
  • Register and join UAntwerp's vast network of alumni worldwide. Registration also gives you access to the alumni job database.