Side header image

Recognition of your UAntwerp degree abroad

To have your Flemish degree recognised abroad contact the local NARIC office (National Academic Recognition Information Centre) of the country concerned. They will provide all necessary information about the procedure you need to follow and the documents you need.

All diplomas and diploma supplements at the University of Antwerp are now issued in Dutch and English. Therefore, you will not need to get your diploma translated in most cases.

A foreign organisation may also ask for a Hague Apostille on your documents. This is an official stamp affixed to a degree which formally confirms that the signature (s) on the documents are genuine. The procedure for obtaining this apostille is as follows:

  • Contact the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training to confirm the authenticity of the signatures.

Vlaams Ministerie van Onderwijs en Vorming, Dienst Legalisatie diploma's (Education and Training Policy Area, Service for the authentication of diplomas)
Hendrik Consciencegebouw
Koning Albert II-laan 15
1210 Brussels
Tel: +32 2 553 87 76

  • After this confirmation, contact the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which can place the Hague Apostille on your diploma.

FPS Foreign Affairs  
Service C3.5 - Legalisations 
Karmelietenstraat 15 
1000 Brussels
Tel: +32 2 501 8111

For specific questions on legalisation of documents  contact +32 (0)2 501 32 00