1. The master has the knowledge of the main infectious diseases, the physiopathology, the sources and the ways of transmission.
2. The master has a ready knowledge of measures for the prevention of hospital infections and epidemics.
3. The master has the skill to formulate a question in the framework of an epidemic situation and to set up an epidemiological investigation.
4. The master has the ability to collect and interpret surveillance data according to scientific methods and to follow up on them.
5. The master has knowledge of the use of antimicrobial medicine and has the ability to pursue a correct antibiotics policy.
6. The master has a thorough knowledge of the organisation – including the legal framework and the financing - of medical and nursing activities.
7. The master has the ability to execute a detailed process analysis in order to improve the quality of care, based on current scientific knowledge and results of personal and international scientific research.
8. The master can introduce and follow up indicators and adjust processes based on these indicators.
9. The master has social and communicative skills that enable him/her to give constructive feedback on data and observations as necessary part of every quality process and to motivate people to change certain habits and to initiate a change in behaviour.
10. The master has knowledge of the methodology of data processing and the skills to collect, interpret and statistically process data.
11. The master has the skills to set up, plan and report on a scientific study in a master’s project.
12. The master can synthesize, check and adjust the compentences mentioned above during a practical internship.