If you choose to obtain your Master's degree in Financial Business Engineering, you
- obtain a degree that is highly-ranked,
- receive personal guidance,
- study in the vibrant, historical city of Antwerp,
- take your first steps towards the business world,
- meet people from all over the world during one of our activities!
- As a university, the UAntwerp scores extremely well in Young University Rankings.
- Since 2005 all our management programmes are accredited by AACSB. The Faculty obtained additional EFMD accreditation for its Business Economics and Business Engineering degrees. That makes us the only one in Flanders with multiple international accreditations.
- The Financial Times ranked our faculty in the European Business School Ranking 2022.
If there is one thing we guarantee, it is that you won't just be a number. The academic staff is at your disposal, and we promise to do everything we can to make you feel at home in our international classroom.
Besides their extensive academic backgrounds, our professors have close ties with major banks, investment firms, etc. Throughout the programme, you will be in close interaction with seasoned industry experts and alumni. Thus, theoretical knowledge combined with research and real-life cases from the corporate world will enrich your understanding of today’s financial world.
Over 500.000 citizens from 173 nationalities call Antwerp their home. Most people speak multiple languages and are very willing to talk to you about their favorite spot. With 93% of citizens satisfied with living in Antwerp (well above EU average), it's safe to say the quality of life here is pretty great. But, being located in the center of Europe, other bustling cities like Paris, London or Amsterdam are only a train ride away.
With plenty of bars, restaurants and local specialties (aka beer, chocolates and fries) to try, the city itself is a great place for students. You'll find it's past shining through while walking through medieval-looking streets or while admiring one of our 43 museums. Our pocket-sized city with its lively atmosphere and historical charm will have you falling in love in no time.
Antwerp is the only Belgian city that made it onto the Financial Times’s list of most innovative business cities in Europe. In 2021, Antwerp was selected as one of the top 10 growth cities in the world for economic potential. And for good reason. The city is home to Europe's second largest port, the global diamond trade, Europe’s largest chemical cluster, and much more. Plus, the bourse of Antwerp was the world's first purpose-built commodity exchange. This makes it the perfect base to take your first steps towards the job market.
And if you have entrepreneurial ambitions, Belgium is considered an innovation leader, with Antwerp being home to many incubators, innovation and startups. The city also leads by example when it comes to sustainability. In the Arcadis Sustainable Cities Index 2022, the city of Antwerp obtained 27th place worldwide!
During your studies, you will be in frequent contact with the business world through guest lectures, corporate visits, a career development track and job fairs. This way, you will be fully prepared to kickstart your (international) career.