Admission requirements

Diploma requirements

Direct access to the Master

Students with a Flemish degree of ‘academische bachelor in de industriële wetenschappen: elektronica-ICT’ have direct access to the Master's programme.

After permission

International students should have an academic Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. You can apply if you have obtained an honour Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc., B.Tech., B.Eng., etc.) or Master's degree in a related/cognate subject area. 

All applications will be screened by the admission board for motivation and background in an academic Bachelor of Electronics and ICT Engineering Technology.

Through a bridging programme

Direct access to the bridging programme

The bridging programme is taught in Dutch. The programme is open to students with one of the following Flemish degrees:

  • professionele bachelor in de autotechnologie (optie auto-elektronica)
  • professionele bachelor in de elektronica-ICT
  • professionele bachelor in de multimedia en communicatietechnologie
  • professionele bachelor in de toegepaste informatica

Language requirements

The programme is taught in English and an academic level of proficiency in this language is required. 

Candidates with a Bachelor's degree from universities outside Flanders are required to demonstrate their English language skills in one of the following ways:

  • Either by submitting a language certificate showing their TOEFL, IELTS or ITACE results: 
    • TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) IBT or PBT (if IBT is not available): paper-based TOEFL level of minimum 550, a computer-based TOEFL level of minimum 213 or an internet-based TOEFL level of minimum 80.
    • Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System): a minimum score of at least 6.5, and on each part minimum 6.0.
    • ITACE (Interuniversity Test of Academic English for Students).
  • Or by submitting proof they have studied at least one academic year (or 60 ECTS credits) in an English-language Bachelor's or Master's programme. Please note that the board of admission may still ask for additional proof of proficiency in English, demonstrated by a language certificate.