1. The master has specialized in a subfield of mathematics in the framework of research specializations in the department: algebra, geometry, analysis and topology, financial mathematics, statistics or numerical mathematics. He/she has continued this study more thoroughly in at least one subfield and has written a master’s thesis on the subject.
2. The master can independently analyse and solve complex mathematical problems.
He/she can find, execute and interpret an adequate solving method for a concrete mathematical problem.
He/she can extend his knowledge where necessary and can adjust existing solving methods.
3. The master can correctly report scientifically. He/she can write a correct mathematical report. He/she can present the results of his work to a specialized as well as a broader audience.
4. The master has acquired the attitude of lifelong learning.
He/she is able to read general specialist literature and has acquired the attitude to follow developments in his area of expertise.
He/she knows important magazines in the chosen area of specialization.
He/she has sufficient knowledge of current scientific languages to follow lectures and to read international specialist literature.
5. The master can plan and execute fundamental or applied mathematical research with a high degree of independence and he/she can report on this.
6. The master has extensive knowledge in the main subfields of applied mathematics, in particular numerical mathematics, probability theory and statistics.
7. The master has broad knowledge of financial and actuarial mathematics.
8. The master is creative in solving complex, applied mathematical problems, in particular in numerical mathematics, probability theory, statistics and financial and actuarial mathematics
9. The master has insight in the coherence between theoretical knowledge and its practical application.
10. The master is highly familiar with the application domains of mathematics in exact and economic sciences.
11. The master is familiar with scientific research at international level.