Each year, the University of Antwerp organises a Welcome Week for international students moving to Antwerp to study a degree programme at our university. The 2021 edition will take place from Monday 20 till Friday 24 September 2021 (the week before the official start of the academic year). A variety of orientation activities will be organised to facilitate your academic, administrative and social integration. Attending the Welcome Week is highly recommended. All information is available on this website.
During the Welcome Week the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences organises a Faculty Day on Wednesday 22 September 2021 (Campus Drie Eiken - building O - auditorium O.2). On this day you will have the opportunity to meet our Dean, the academic coordinators of your programme and the international students who are currently enrolled in our English programmes. We will also explore the campus together. Provisional programme:
- 10 a.m.: coffee & tea
- 10:30 am: welcome
- 10:40 am: introduction to the faculty and student administration (Dimitri Geelhand de Merxem)
- 11:00 am: introduction of master programmes & testimonials from senior students (Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy, Epidemiology)
- 12:15 pm: lunch
- 1:00 pm: guided tour of Campus Drie Eiken
- 1:45 pm: social activity on Campus Drie Eiken (in collaboration with Faculty of Science and Faculty of Biomedical, Pharmaceutical and Veterinary Sciences)
- 3:30 pm: end of Faculty Day
- Info session Master of Epidemiology: 28 September 2021 at 9 am (Location: Campus Drie Eiken, building R, room R.014). Programme: introduction of students and teachers, presentation of the Master programme, VLIR-UOS information session.
- Info session Master of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy:
- 27 September 2021 at 3 pm: introduction to Master programme, physiotherapy in Belgium, student administration, culture & intercultural communication, buddy system. Location: Campus Drie Eiken, building R, room R.003.
- 29 September 2021 at 2 pm: introduction to clinical internships and study programme counselling. Location: Campus Drie Eiken, building R, room R.003.
Starting in 2021-2022 the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences offers free Dutch language courses to its international students for free. By organising these courses we hope to facilitate your integration, improve your learning during clinical internships and increase your chances to continue your professional career at our university or in Belgium. For more information and registration please visit this website.