Our core competencies are situated in the following domains:
- Dutch as a foreign language
- Academic Dutch
- Academic English
- Teaching foreign languages to adults
- Language testing and assessment
Linguapolis organises and offers:
- language courses in 15 languages: we currently have an average enrolment of 3700 students per year learning Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili and Swedish.
- one-year preparatory postgraduate course: Dutch as a Foreign Language in an Academic Context, a full-time academic study programme aimed at international students who wish to obtain a thorough knowledge of Dutch and the Dutch-speaking environment as well as of academic culture in Flanders and Europe.
- academic language support in Dutch and English for students, lecturers and researchers
- translation and proofreading services
- development of materials for language teaching and testing
- design of systems for language teaching and testing
- applied research projects in language learning and teaching, including technology-enhanced learning contexts