Our courses are intended for highly-educated adults. This means that:
- you must be at least 18 years of age; and
- you must hold a secondary school diploma (i.e. you have received at least 12 years of education); and
- you are studying at higher education level or
you have studied at higher education level or
you want to prepare yourself to study at higher education level; and
- you have previously studied English, German, French or Spanish as a foreign language.
A foreign language is a language that is neither your mother tongue nor the language of instruction used in secondary school.
- You studied German, English, French or Spanish as a foreign language at school.
- If you did not study English, German, French or Spanish at secondary school, you must have completed an extracurricular course (with a minimum of 50 hours).
Our teaching method is based on the assumption that students are familiar with foreign language learning.
You have access to a computer or tablet with internet connection allowing you to use the online Blackboard learning environment.
You will in addition need a camera and microphone for the live online lessons (if any).
- In the courses Arabic, Chinese, German, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian and Swedish, Dutch is used as the supporting language.
-> Is Dutch not your native language? Then should have a very good level of Dutch (CEFR B1) to be able to take the course.
- Live online lessons & level 1
In the live online lessons for Dutch as a Foreign Language level 1 we will sometimes use English as a supporting language in the beginning. It is therefore necessary that you have a basic knowledge of English (reading and listening) or someone who speaks Dutch to help you. That way you can take this course, even as an absolute beginner.
In the live online lessons for level 1 of the other languages, we will sometimes use Dutch or English as a supporting language in the beginning. It is therefore necessary that you have a basic knowledge of Dutch or English (reading and listening).