Subsidies and advantages
Starting 1 September 2019 the regulations for Vlaams opleidingsverlof will apply: the reformed version of paid educational leave.
All Linguapolis Dutch as a foreign language courses qualify for Vlaams opleidingsverlof for workers in the private sector (for information see https://www.vlaanderen.be/vlaams-opleidingsverlof-vov)
If you qualify, please contact the Linguapolis secretary’s office (email@example.com or +32 3 265 48 03).
KMO-portefeuille (SME e-wallet)
The SME e-wallet is a measure whereby you – as an entrepreneur or practising a liberal profession – receive financial aid when purchasing services that improve the quality of your enterprise. These services contain training courses and advisory services. Linguapolis is a registered and eligible service provider with registration number DV.O100322
For information and the application procedure see the official website of the Flemish government.
Linguapolis can only accept training vouchers
- for Dutch courses, if a secondary school degree is your highest level of education or
- for career coaching (any language)
For more information see www.vdab.be/opleidingscheques/werknemers.shtml
Employees can apply for training vouchers from vdab.be/mijnloopbaan. With these vouchers, you can save up to half of the registration fee for your course. If you have not received the vouchers before the start of the course, then pay the registration fee from your own pocket. As soon as you hand in the vouchers to Linguapolis, we shall refund you as quickly as possible.
Stadsbeurs & Vlaamse beurs
1. We would like to inform you about the stadsbeurs, a scholarship for Dutch morning courses level 2, 3, 4 or 5 higher education perspective, subsidized by the Antwerp City Council. The conditons can be found here.
If you live in Antwerp City and if you think you meet the requirements, please contact Atlas.
2. We would like to inform you about the Vlaamse beurs, a scholarship for Dutch morning or afternoon courses level 1, subsidized by the Flemish government. The conditons can be found here.
- If you live in Antwerp City and if you think you meet the requirements, please contact Atlas.
- If you live in Antwerp Province and if you think you meet the requirements, please contact the Agentschap Integratie & Inburgering (Regio Antwerpen).
Subsidies for outgoing exchange students (Erasmus,...)
Karel de Grote- & Artesis Plantijn Univeristy College
Outgoing students from the university colleges can apply for a financial grant to take a language course in preparation of a stay abroad.
For detailed information on the rates and conditions, go in advance to the International Relations Office of your University College:
Special rate for online language platform Altissia
As a Linguapolis student you can purchase a licence for Altissia, an online language platform, for only 10 euros. Altissia is available in 7 languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
With Altissia you can improve your writing, listening and reading skills through self-study. Request a licence by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The licence will be valid until 30 September 2019.
- Are you a UAntwerp student? Then purchase a licence for Altissia for 10 euros through Blackboard (see "My study").
- Are you a UAntwerp doctoral student or staff member? Then purchase a licence for free through Pintra.
- The number of licences is limited. The offer is valid from 1 October 2018 for as long as there are licences available.
- This Linguapolis bonus is separate from our language courses. Altissia is not a Linguapolis product and is not part of our teaching materials.
Special rate for sports & cultural activities
Linguapolis students can obtain a UAntwerpen Plus Pass for 25 euros. The UAntwerpen Plus Pass gives you one-year access to the sports and cultural activities on offer at the University of Antwerp and associated colleges.
Linguapolis students can register at www.uantwerpenplus.be. Further instructions can be found on the website.
Special price for lunch at Stadscampus
Interested in a special price for lunch? As a Linguapolis student (morning and afternoon courses) you are welcome during lunchtime in the student restaurant Komida for a lunch at the low-priced student rate. You can find the student restaurant at the following address, Koningstraat 8 – 2000 Antwerp. This offer is only valid during your Linguapolis course. Ask for your discount card on Friday of the first week of classes at the latest by emailing email@example.com. You will receive your discount card from your teacher about one week later.
Course subsidy through your joint committee
As employee you can ask for a course subsidy through your joint committee. The joint committee for employees, CEVORA (ANPCB or PC218) for example, provides up to 100 euros financial support annually, regardless of the amount of courses taken. For more information: www.cevora.be/opleidingspremies.
Are you a member of another joint committee? Go to www.werk.belgie.be to find out more or contact your company’s human resources office.
Employees in the Flemish public sector can apply for educational leave (Vormingsverlof). For more information see: www.bestuurszaken.be/vormingsverlof.
On the pinboard in Blackboard you’ll find special offers like discounts on tickets for cultural activities, job offers and free events.
You will receive information about your username and password on the day of your first class.