The quiet space is a space for prayer and contemplation for all University of Antwerp students and staff, and for conference visitors. They can come here to pray, reflect or just enjoy a moment of peace and quiet.
This space is not associated with a particular religion or ideology - it simply aims to offer neutrality and tranquillity. There are tables where you can read or talk to other people and there are also separate meditation benches.
- Stadscampus - Koningsstraat 10 – 2000 Antwerp (in the basement under the student restaurant - enter using the steps on Koningsstraat)
Opening hours: Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. During the examination period open untill 10 p.m.
- Campus Groenenborger - Building V - V022.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Campus Drie Eiken - basement of Building G
Opening hours: Monday to Friday between 9 a.m and 4 p.m.
The silent rooms were furnished and equipped with great care. We would like to ask everyone to use these rooms respectfully. That means:
- Respect the silence.
- Respect other users.
- Don’t eat or drink in the silent room.
- Don’t leave any rubbish behind.
- Don’t move or remove any of the furniture.
- Don’t leave any of your own things or furniture behind, unless properly stored in the intended cabinets. The university is not responsible for theft.
- Only use these rooms for their intended purposes (reflection, prayer, meditation, etc.).
- Hanging up messages or texts is only allowed on the notice boards and after approval, which can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you encounter problems or if you have any suggestions, please send an email to email@example.com.