Side header image

Residence permit for students staying more than 90 days

Please note that the average duration for obtaining your residence card is approximately two months.

As of 3 January 2019, the residence permit issued to non-EEA students is a combined permit which also mentions the right to work and the applicable conditions.

Have you stayed in Belgium before with a residence permit? Then you should follow the re-registration procedure. Please inform the International Relations Office or the IOB or C-MAT student offices.

Non-EEA nationals have to extend their residence permits every academic year. 

C-MAT students: please follow the guidelines in the 'International Student Handbook' that you will receive upon admission, or contact

Procedure for first time registration:

Extension, re-registration and deregistration

International Relations Office

Gratiekapelstraat 10
2000 Antwerpen
Tel. +32 3 265 94 91


Greet Annaert Mon - Fri / 9:30 - 15:30 h.
Lange Sint-Annastraat 7
2000 Antwerp
Tel. 0032 3 265 59 42


Kristel De Poorter

Gate 15

International Students Desk Kleine Kauwenberg 15
2000 Antwerpen