The Competence Center Culture Management and Culture Policy specializes in different types of management and policy research of the cultural and creative sectors. Recent research topics are: management of heritage depots, international cultural policy, cultural diversity, cultural governance, opportunities for public private partnerships, residency policy, the impact of subsidies on the artist and artistic organizations, creative cities, … For the research on creative industries there is a close collaboration with the Knowledge Centre Creative Industries of Flanders DC (Antwerp Management School).
Since 1999, the center organizes the Dutch master program “Cultural Management”.
We believe our graduates and researchers contribute to the professionalization of the cultural and creative sectors. Especially in economic turbulent times, managerial creativity and entrepreneurship is needed, also because policy makers demand higher quality standards of the cultural managers. Sponsors are expecting results and a return on their investment. Moreover private initiatives for cultural production and services are growing.
- Cultural policy
- Cultural management
- Creative and cultural industries
- Heritage studies
- Strategic management
- Financial management
- Communication management
- Corporate social responsibility
- Cultural entrepreneurship
- Innovation management
- Creative cities
- dr. SIGRID VANDERAUWERA (defence: 2012)
'De bescherming van culturele goederen tijdens en na gewapende conflicten : naar een integrale preventiestrategie'
- drs. ANN OVERBERGH (defence: 2014)
'Extended cinema in Kenya and Tanzania. Technological Innovation and Related Trends in Local Audiovisual Storytelling'
- drs. ELLEN LOOTS (defence: 2015)
- ENCATC: Journal of Cultural Management and Policy
- AIMAC: International Journal of Arts Management
- ICCPR: International Journal of Cultural Policy
- ACEI: Journal of Cultural Economics
- International Network for Arts and Business: Journal of Arts Management, Law and Society