- Computational modeling, simulation
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Computational tools for text analytics
- Users of Knowledge Management: smart search, question answering, multi-document summarization, domain modelling, ontology population and merging, terminology extraction and management, text categorization, filtering, and routing.
- Forensic linguistics: authorship attribution, plagiarism detection.
- Semantic web: automatic metadata assignment, semantic analysis.
- Serious gaming: adding language competence to agents.
- E-government: knowledge management, information presentation, readability control of government texts.
- Healthcare: communication aids, readability control of patient information.
- Cultural Heritage: analysis of and information access to digitized cultural heritage collections, combination of text and audio mining.
Artificial intelligence, Computer linguistics, Text mining, Computational psycholinguistics, Digital humanities, Cyberpaedophilia, Cognitive sciences, Language technology, Computational linguistics