- Computational modeling, simulation
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Computational tools for text analytics
- Users of Knowledge Management: smart search, question answering, multi-document summarization, domain modelling, ontology population and merging, terminology extraction and management, text categorization, filtering, and routing.
- Forensic linguistics: authorship attribution, plagiarism detection.
- Semantic web: automatic metadata assignment, semantic analysis.
- Serious gaming: adding language competence to agents.
- E-government: knowledge management, information presentation, readability control of government texts.
- Healthcare: communication aids, readability control of patient information.
- Cultural Heritage: analysis of and information access to digitized cultural heritage collections, combination of text and audio mining.
Artificial intelligence, Text mining, Computational psycholinguistics, Digital humanities, Cognitive sciences, Language technology, Computational linguistics