1. Welcome coffee/tea and registration: 1.30 –2.00 p.m.
2. Presentation of the ADLAB PRO project: 2.00 – 2.30 p.m.
- General Introduction – Elisa Perego (University of Trieste, Italy)
- Intellectual Output 1 – Assessment of Current AD Training Practices, by Iwona Mazur (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland)
- Intellectual Output 2 – Audio Description Professional: Profile Definition, by Chris Taylor (University of Trieste, Italy)
- Intellectual Output 3 – Course Design, by Aline Remael (University of Antwerp)
3. International speakers: 2.30 – 3.30 p.m.
- 2.30 – 3.00 p.m.: Elena Di Giovanni (University of Macerata): Expanding opera audience through accessibility: the Italian experience
- 3.00 – 3.30 p.m.: Roz Chalmers (Eyewitness): Circus with a Purpose
4. Coffee/tea break: 3.30-4.00 p.m.
5. Local speakers: 4.00-5.30 p.m.
- 4.00 – 4.30 p.m.: Hilde Peeters (Kaaitheater): Experiencing dance in new ways
- 4.30 – 5.00 p.m.: Maya Van Puymbroeck (Toneelhuis) & Hanne Roofthooft (University of Antwerp) : Audio introductions for contemporary theatre
- 5.00 – 5.30 p.m.: Geertje Deceuleneer (VRT): Challenging questions for a new genre in audio-description: children’s books
6. Concluding panel: Which skills are crucial in live AD? 5.30-6.00 p.m.
- 5.3O – 6.00 p.m: Geertje Deceuleneer (VRT), Hilde Peeters (Kaaitheater), Elisa Perego (ADLAB PRO), Eric Van Damme and Lesley De Ceulaer (Vebes), Aline Remael (ADLAB PRO: chair)
The panel will also be in English. However, questions can be asked in Dutch or English throughout the afternoon.