Students who have not obtained a diploma in Belgium, the Netherlands or Luxembourg should submit an application for screening through Mobility Online. Applications open on December 1 of the academic year preceding enrollment.
The following academic degrees, obtained in Belgium, will give direct access to the programme:
- Bachelor handelsingenieur
- Bachelor of Business Engineering
After admission procedure
Students who do not not qualify for direct admission should submit an application for screening. Eligibility is determined by the board of admissions based on the student’s Bachelor’s degree, their academic background, the obtained study results and their language proficiency. For international students, a GMAT or GRE may be required.
Students with a degree from Belgium, the Netherlands or Luxembourg, can continuously submit their application via this online form. Other students should apply during the application window via Mobility Online. You will need to provide the following information:
- Academic degree: As a minimum eligibility requirement, applicants must hold an academic bachelor degree which correspond to at least 180 ECTS. Applicants in their final bachelor year are also encouraged to apply. In such a case, the offer of admission is conditional upon completion of the undergraduate degree before the final enrollment in the Master.
- Academic background: The admission board will evaluate whether applicants will have, at the start of the programme, a good working knowledge and understanding of Research methodology, Mathematics, Macro- and Micro-economics, Business economics and Information Science. In some cases, a preparatory programme may be required to fill limited expertise gaps. The necessity and content of the preparatory programme will be determined case per case by the board of admissions, depending on the obtained credits in the prior degree(s). A preparatory programme of up to 12 ECTS can be combined with the full Master's programme, enabling students to graduate in 2 years.
- Academic results: The admission board will take the applicant’s study results into account.
If your degree was not issued by a recognized educational institution in Belgium, the Netherlands or Luxembourg, you will have to provide evidence of your proficiency in English. Such proof should be sought in advance of the application window. Recognized language certificates and proficiency levels are the following:
- TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) score of 85 or higher
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) 6.5 or higher, with a minimum of 6.0 for each part.
- ITACE (Interuniversity Test of Academic English for Students) with minimum level B2.
- B2 First certificate Cambridge Assessment English
- A prior full English-language diploma in the UK, Ireland, US, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
In case of doubt, the board of admissions may wish to verify your command of English, for example, through an (online) interview.
Unless exempted, applicants should include GMAT or GRE test results in the application.
- Applicants should have obtained an overall GMAT score of 650 or higher to be considered for the Master in Business Engineering: Financial Engineering.
- Alternatively, students can submit a GRE with a minimum score of 160 on quantitative and verbal reasoning.
Students are exempted from submitting a GMAT /GRE test result if they have obtained their (business) economics degree at one of the following institutions: