- Don’t know how to process large amounts of subject matter in a few months?
- Need some support to fine-tune your exam schedule?
- Need help preparing a presentation?
- Tend to procrastinate?
- Suffer from performance anxiety?
- Fear speaking for large groups?
- Stuck writing a paper or thesis?
- Unsure about your major?
- Questions about your learning account?
Don't keep your worries to yourself! Take a look at the services offered by the study coaches of the University of Antwerp.
Who can contact the study coaches?
All students of the University of Antwerp, enrolled in a bachelor, master, advanced master, preparatory or bridging program, can contact the study coaches.
Students contact the study coaches for various reasons. You don’t need to have "serious problems" to go to a study coach! Disappointing exam results, stress symptoms, persistent procrastination and confusion about the learning account are common issues. Are you unsure where to find help? Then contact STIP, so that we can find the most suitable support for you together.
What do study coaches do? Coaching & training!
We offer material to get you started by yourself. If you want more support, you can follow a training in a large or small group or make an appointment for individual study coaching. More details about the range of services of the study coaches can be found on Blackboard. Or contact STIP!
If you prefer to work autonomously and at your own pace, you can use:
- the workbooks the study coaches wrote (in Dutch)
- the online self-help programme 'Studies without worries' for all students who, in the course of their studies, are held back by fair of failure, lack of assertiveness or procastination,
- Moodspace, an online place for students with useful information about motivation and studying and more.
- Blackboard, to test your study method and planning strategies and immediately receive tips & tricks tailored to your study needs (in Dutch). You can request additional support from a study coach at any time,
- I-study or LEMO which allows you to test your study skills and study motivation online and provide useful tips, tailored to your personal challenges. For LEMO: contact STIP to receive a username and password. Both tests are only available in Dutch.
Would you rather receive help in person? In small groups of students, the study coaches organize tips & tricks sessions and workshops on various themes, both online and on campus (only in Dutch): studying & planning, procrastination, stress, fear of failure, major selection or speaking in front of a group. Tips & tricks are single sessions that are mainly aimed at providing information. Workshops, on the other hand, take place in a small group, are more interactive and, in addition to informing, mainly focus on strengthening your skills. More details about the tips & tricks sessions and the workshops can be found on Blackboard (only in Dutch). Or contact STIP!
Do you have a specific question that requires a customized approach? Take part in group coaching! You will work on your specific questions about study skills and planning in a small group of students, guided by a study coach. Exceptionally, individual coaching is also possible, both online and on campus, to gain insight into what you are running into, to develop study skills or to work towards personal change. One session takes about 45 minutes. The number of sessions is not fixed in advance, but many students can continue on their own again after a few times. More details about the group coaching and individual coaching can be found on Blackboard (only in Dutch). Or contact STIP!
How can I register for a workshop or make an appointment with a study coach? STIP!
Where can I find the study coaches?
The study coaches can be found on the City Campus (buildings E and S), Campus Groenenborger (building S) and Campus Drie Eiken (building G). You can choose on which campus you want to attend a tips & tricks session, workshop, group coaching or individual coaching. Of course study coaches are also to be found online!
How much does study coaching cost?
The full range of services of the study coaches is free for students, except for the workbooks and the workshops where a fee is charged for the course material used.
How do study coaches deal with what I tell them?
All aspects of your participation in study coaching are confidential. The study coaches will not tell your parents, friends, teachers or others about your participation in study coaching, except with your explicit consent or in case serious and foreseeable harm to you or others is evident. What you tell a study coach has no consequences for your education, even if you have done something that is against the rules.
Who are the study coaches?
All study coaches are professionally trained in coaching students and are experienced in guiding study processes.
Is study coaching possible in English?
Yes, at least part of it. Workbooks, tips & tricks sessions and workshops are in Dutch. Individual coaching is possible in English.