- Bilateral agreement: a valid bilateral (or multilateral) agreement between your university and the University of Antwerp or between your Faculty and ours is required.
- Academic career: you should at least be in your third year of medical studies.
- Language skills: you must have a good command of English, oral as well as written. Intensive Dutch language courses are strongly recommended if you wish to take courses that are taught in Dutch.
- Duration: one semester or a full academic year.
We do not offer an Engish programme. Only a number of courses of our Bachelor and Master programme are taught in English to accommodate international students ('green courses'). Besides these ‘English courses’ we also offer courses with facilities for exchange students ('yellow courses'). These courses are taught in Dutch but the lecturers provide facilities (e.g. study material, handbook, exam, …) in English.
Have a look at the curriculum for exchange students (pdf – 509 kB) and at the courses we offer in English. Read the guidelines carefully and use this document to draft your study programme.
Erasmus Study (for study).
All general information regarding the application procedure for exchange students is available on the webpages of our International Relations Office.
We have included here a simplified scheme of the application procedure (pdf – 426 kB) for incoming medical students who wish to take courses as part of the Erasmus Study programme.
Are you having troubles completing your Learning Agreement? Have a look at some tips and tricks and at this fictious example (pdf – 273 kB).
- Nominations: 15 April 2020 (1st semester/full year) & 15 October 2020 (2nd semester)
- Applications: 15 May 2020 (1st semester/full year) & 1 November 2020 (2nd semester)
Need more information?
Check our Frequently Asked Questions.