ATA was founded as a multidisciplinary, interfaculty centre for fiscal studies with the aim of achieving the following objectives:
- to contribute to tax science and thus to society by performing fundamental and applied scientific research, academic training and scientific service in the area of taxation;
- to take an organised, unified approach to increasing the visibility of the efforts made in research, training and service by the various research units, faculties, departments and members of staff;
- to attract clear external recognition, both nationally and internationally, of the fiscal expertise and capacities available at the University of Antwerp and the Antwerp Management School;
- to mobilise and strengthen the potential available among our researchers with a view to building up critical mass that will ensure the full participation of the University of Antwerp and the Antwerp Management School in important international and national research programmes;
- to offer an independent, open and pluralistic academic platform which also welcomes scientists from outside the University of Antwerp and the Antwerp Management School for multidisciplinary fiscal research;
- to ensure there is a clear institutional academic point of contact for external parties (individual researchers as well as research institutions) who are looking for research, training or service;
- to develop and support specific fiscal training initiatives;
- to maintain and activate an open, pluralistic platform for collaboration between the academic world (universities, university colleges, etc.) and society (governments, companies, interest groups, etc.).
The foundation of ATA should not threaten existing initiatives for research, education or social services; instead, we should focus on providing added value to these initiatives where possible.
Go to lines of research
Go to members