The third pillar of the Dennie Lockefeer Chair is organizing a series of lectures.
Lecture: Multimodal supply chain capacity issues: the way forward
The Dennie Lockefeer Chair hosted the free-of-charge hybrid lecture 'Multimodal Supply Chain Capacity Issues: the way forward' on Thursday 19 January 2023 from 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Given the great international reach of the previous lecture, we were pleased to offer this lecture in a hybrid format. In the lecture, we explained the prolongation of the Dennie Lockefeer Chair. The third lecture 'Multimodal Supply Chain Capacity Issues' built on the successful ‘Supply Chain reality’ lecture where D&D were explained from three perspectives: customs, law, and finance. The current lecture continued to focus on the legal-economic perspective. In addition to the research, the industry panel discussed broader issues related to intermodality.
We were delighted to welcome 70 people live in the F. de Tassiszaal and 78 people from 27 countries in the cloud. The industry panel, which consisted of four partners of the Dennie Lockefeer Chair (DP World Antwerp, b.v. FR. Hellebosch, Cofano, and Umicore), provided a lively discussion around topics related to D&D and intermodality. Thank you all for being present!
The presentation slides and recording will be made available after publication of the paper.
Lecture: Supply Chain Reality
- 4:30 p.m. - Welcome: prof. dr. Christa Sys, holder BNP Paribas Fortis Chair, promotor Dennie Lockefeer Chair
- 4:40 p.m. - Supply Chain Reality presented by prof. dr. Thierry Vanelslander, promotor Dennie Lockefeer Chair
- What are the biggest challenges in your supply chain?
- Which solutions have you implemented, which should be implemented, and what is needed?
- 5:00 p.m. - Research "Demurrage and detention: from operational challenges towards solutions" by drs. Katrien Storms, holder Dennie Lockefeer Chair
- 5:20 p.m. - Setting the scene: 3 partners Dennie Lockefeer Chair
- Customs: Kurt Crauwels, Customs Support;
- Legal: Philip Vanlommel, Ponet & LVP Advocaten and;
- Finance: Guy Haesevoets, BNP Paribas Fortis
- 5:40 p.m. - Q&A moderated by drs. Katrien Storms
- 6 p.m. - Closing: prof. dr. Thierry Vanelslander, promotor Dennie Lockefeer Chair
Online webinar: Future demand for containerized inland shipping on the Rhine
In December 2020, a blog was published on the impact of a disruption on the inland navigation sector. In the first lecture organized by the Dennie Lockefeer Chair, the difficulties encountered during the data phase and the further steps of the research were discussed. One year later, we are excited to announce that the challenges are overcome and that the blog grew into a full paper: “The future demand for containerized inland shipping on the Rhine,” written by drs. Noemi Van Meir, dr. Yasmine Rashed, drs. Katrien Storms, prof. dr. Christa Sys, prof. dr. Thierry Vanelslander, and prof. dr. Edwin van Hassel. The webinar took place on Monday 6thof December at 4 p.m. CET.
If you want to view the webinar again, were unable to attend or are just interested in the presentation, you can go to the recording by subscribing to the TPR Newsletter using the following link.
Lecture: Adequata data
On Wednesday the 20th of January 2021, the Dennie Lockefeer Chair organized a virtual lecture linked to inland navigation.
The central theme was: ‘Adequate data, a key step that will benefit inland shipping’.
The following link will lead you to the lecture.