- Bilateral agreement: a valid bilateral (or multilateral) agreement between your university and the University of Antwerp or between your Faculty and ours is required.
- Academic career: you should at least be in your third year of medical studies.
- Language skills: you must have a good command of English, oral as well as written. Intensive Dutch language courses are strongly recommended if you wish to take courses that are taught in Dutch.
- Duration: one semester or a full academic year.
All general information regarding the application procedure for exchange students is available on the webpages of our International Relations Office.
We have included here a simplified scheme of the application procedure (pdf – 191 kB) for incoming medical students who wish to take courses as part of the Erasmus Study programme.
Are you having troubles completing your Learning Agreement? Have a look at some tips and tricks and at this fictious example (pdf – 275 kB).
If you want to do a clinical traineeship in combination with your study programme, please contact our Internationalisation Officer well in advance and do not contact the hospital directly. When planning your study programme remember that traineeships are full-time and thus not compatible with theoretical courses.
Some courses of our Bachelor and Master programme are taught in English to accommodate international students. Besides these ‘English courses’ we also offer courses with facilities for exchange students. These courses are taught in Dutch but the lecturers provide facilities (e.g. study material, handbook, exam, …) in English.
Have a look at the curriculum for exchange students (pdf – 735 kB) and at the courses we offer in English. Read the guidelines carefully and use this document to draft your study programme.
If you want to do a clinical traineeship in combination with your study programme, please contact our Internationalisation Officer well in advance advance and do not contact the hospital directly. When planning your study programme remember that traineeships are full-time and thus not compatible with theoretical courses.
- Nominations: 15 April 2017 (1st semester/full year) & 15 October 2017 (2nd semester)
- Applications: 15 May 2017 (1st semester/full year) & 1 November 2017 (2nd semester)