Eligible participants for admission to the EBQ course
Researchers/PhD students from different disciplines and faculties are accepted. In order to guarantee a personal progress trajectory and interactive exchanges during classes, a maximum of 20 participants will be accepted in 2019.
- Master's Degree
- Basic knowledge of epidemiology (level Beaglehole; ISBN 978 92 4 154707 9)
- Basic Essential Medical Statistics (level part A & B Kirkwood, ISBN 978 0 86542871 3)
- Excellent command of English (upper intermediate level)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Own dataset
- Personal laptop
Eligible Participants for VLIR-UOS scholarship
In 2019 we are able to provide 12 full scholarships thanks to the VLIR-UOS.
Please read carefully the eligibility criteria below and on the last page of the application form to check whether you qualify for a VLIR-UOS Scholarship application. You must be able to tick all the boxes in order to be eligible.
- At the time of application I live in and have the nationality of one of the 31 countries from the country list (see below - can be 2 different countries) .
- I am employed by an academic institution, research institute, public service, social economy or NGO.
- This is the only VLIR-UOS scholarship I am applying for in 2019.
- I have never before received a scholarship to participate in an ITP.
- I am not involved in a VLIR-UOS sponsored IUS, TEAM or SI project.
31 VLIR-UOS scholarship countries
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe
- Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
A VLIR-UOS scholarship includes
- Course fee
- Air ticket
- Health insurance
- Visa costs
- 6-week accommodation
- Daily allowance
How to apply
DOWNLOAD YOUR APPLICATION FORM HERE (Worddoc - 163kb)
- All candidates must submit the application form; both those who are applying for the scholarship and those who are self-sufficient or have secured other funding. We can provide an invitation letter in the case you are applying for funds elsewhere. In this case, kindly send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application documents (application form + CV + letter of support ) must be submitted and attached in one email to email@example.com.
- The subject of the mail should state “EBQ 2019 Application NAME + first name”
- Only full applications (application form + CV + letter of support ) will be taken into consideration.
- Applications should reach us on 1 May 2019 latest (CEST). Applications that reach our office after that will not be taken into consideration.
- Academic eligibility: participants will be screened and shortlisted based on their academic qualifications, motivation, reference, CV and current research. This shortlist will be made by mid June 2019.
- For those applying for a scholarship, a shortlist of 12 candidates (and a reserve list) will be handed over to VLIR-UOS for further screening and validation. No more that 12 scholarships are available.
- VLIR-UOS will do the further eligibility screening, based on the criteria mentioned in the application form (last page). Shortly after they will notify us of their decision.
- By July 2019 all applicants will be informed of 1) their admission to the course and 2) the decision regarding their funding application (if applicable).
- The highest ranked alternate candidate from the reserve list shall be submitted in case one of the selected candidates is prevented by health or other reasons from attending the 2019 course.