How to apply?
The applications for the October 2021 edition will open September 1st 2021. On that day a link to the application tool will appear on this page.
Required documents to be uploaded in the application tool:
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- a support letter (from your supervisor) in which the following issues need to be addressed: 1) the relevance of the EBQ course for the applicant and the institute, 2) confirmation that the applicant will return to his/her current position within the institute after completion of the course.
- an English proficiency document: TOEFL or IELTS certificate or proof from your educational institute of a university level degree taught in English.
- download and sign this document: Declaration form (pdf - 199 kB) (this document will be available once the applications are open)
- Academic eligibility: participants will be screened and shortlisted based on their academic qualifications, motivation, reference, CV and current research. This shortlist will be made by mid June 2021.
- For those applying for a scholarship, a shortlist of 12 candidates (and a reserve list of 12) will be handed over to VLIR-UOS for further screening and validation. No more than 12 scholarships are available.
- VLIR-UOS will do the further eligibility screening, based on the criteria mentioned on their website. Shortly after they will notify us of their decision.
- By the end of January 2022 all applicants will be informed of 1) their admission to the course and 2) the decision regarding their funding application (if applicable).
- A candidate from the reserve list shall be contacted only in case one of the selected candidates is prevented by health or other reasons from attending the course. The ranking of the candidates on the waiting list is according to priority. However, it is possible to give priority to a lower ranked person on the waiting list, in order to maintain a regional and/or gender balance and/or in order to have a greater to chance to receive a visa in a timely manner.
The 2021 tuition fee is 3400 Euro*, which covers:
- Participation in the course
- Lunch on course days
- A social programme
- Didactic material
The fee does NOT cover travel costs, accommodation, or other meals.
The course fee must be paid in full by 1 September 2021 in order to confirm participation in the training. After that date, your place may be offered to those on the waiting list. Cancellation of attendance after this date may also lead to the loss of all or part of the course fee.
* for those who are scholars within an ongoing VLIR UOS project, the course fee will be 2160 Euro.
There is an online tool to give you an idea of the living expenses in Belgium.
We can provide an invitation letter in case you are applying for funds elsewhere. Kindly send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2021 we are able to provide 12 full scholarships thanks to the VLIR-UOS.
Please carefully read the eligibility criteria on the VLIR-UOS website to check if you qualify for a VLIR-UOS Scholarship. You must be able to tick all the boxes in order to be eligible. The list of the 31 eligible countries can also be found on their website.
Please note that if you apply for the scholarship while not being eligible, it can have a negative influence on your overall acceptance to the course, so be sure to carefully read the criteria.
A VLIR-UOS scholarship includes:
- Course fee
- Air ticket
- Health insurance
- Visa costs
- 6-week accommodation
- Daily allowance