Below you can find some recurrent questions that have reached our office in the past. Please check if your question is answered below before you contact us.
- I am currently a master student and I expect to have graduated by the time the course starts. Considering my current student status, would I be eligible to apply for a VLIR-UOS scholarship?
If you are applying for a VLIR-UOS scholarship (next to course admission), you need to be employed by academic institution, research institute, public service, social economy or NGO. However, if by the time the course starts you will have your master degree, but are currently still enrolled, you can apply. Your supervisor or mentor can then provide a support letter.
- I am currently a master student and I expect to have graduated by the time the course starts. How do I indicate this on the application form?
Write on the application form that you have a Master academic level. Under 'issued diploma date' indicate that you are in the dissertation process. It is best to indicate that you will have the master’s degree when the course starts, otherwise you risk not being found eligible if there is only mentioning of a bachelor’ s degree on your application form.
- I am older than 45. Can I still apply for a VLIR-UOS scholarship?
Yes, there is no age criteria for an ITP-scholarship.
- I applied for the VLIR-UOS scholarship this year to attend a Masters programe at another university in Belgium, but they informed me I didn't get the scholarship. Is it a violation of the eligibility criteria for EBQ programme?
Yes, you can only apply for one VLIR-UOS scholarship a year, no matter what the outcome is.
- I do not meet the criteria “I currently live in and have the nationality of one of the 31 countries from the country list”. Can I still apply?
Yes, you can apply to be admitted to the course, but you are not eligible for a VLIR-UOS scholarship.
- I am involved in a VLIR-UOS sponsored IUS or TEAM project, can I apply?
Yes, you may apply to be admitted to the course, but you are not eligible for a VLIR-UOS scholarship. Contact the project leader for possible funding to attend the EBQ.
- I applied for a grant during my study of an MSc in the UK as I could not cover part of the tuition fees in one of the terms. Do you see this grant as a scholarship?
With regards to scholarships, we only refer to those granted by the Belgian government, via VLIR-UOS. Other funding is allowed and will not be seen as a breach of the eligiblity criteria.
- I do not have a support letter at this time. Is that a problem?
Kindly await the support letter from your supervisor/mentor at the institute you are affiliated with to make your application complete. This is a required document to have a valid application.
- Do I need to send you my international passport to apply for the course and/or scholarship?
No, only when you are admitted to the programme we will ask you to provide a scan of your passport.
ADMISSION AND COSTS FOR SELF-SUFFICIENT CANDIDATES
- I acknowledge receipt of the EBQ course jury decision of non-selection for the VLIR scholarship. Would it be possible for me to still attend the course if my funder was willing to fund the course and related costs?
Yes, do indicate this possibility to us. However, one has to wait for the confirmation of the selected students in order to know if and how many places are available. Once it is clear how many scholars will and can attend, we will know if the programme can be open for other (self-sufficient) candidates. We have a maximum of 20 participants. Once all pre-selected participants have given feedback we can let you know.
- Kindly help me compute the cost of course participation in order to understand the financial picture.
We kindly refer to the following page on our website to consult the financial aspect of the course.
COMMUNICATION FROM OUR OFFICE
- I have applied but I have not received news from your office. Does this mean that I was not selected?
All applicants are individually screened and evaluated, and due to the high number of applicants, this may take a while. However, all candidates, whether they have applied for a scholarship or not, will receive notification of their application if they have been selected or not. We aim to communicate the result by the end of June.
- Can I get more information as to why I was not selected?
Unfortunately, due to a high number of applicants, we are unable to provide individual feedback in case you were not selected. Please read the eligibility criteria to exclude non-admission due to non-eligibly.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
- I found that the deadline for applying for the EBQ course is past. I would like to know if there is any opportunity for me to apply for this years’ edition, if all your seats are not full.
Unfortunately the deadline has closed and all application are with the reviewers. This course is organized annually and we invite you to apply for the next course. Note that next to this website, the Calls are also announced on our Facebook page: ‘Global Health Institute, Antwerp university' and on the VLIRUOS-website.