Prof. Steven Latré, is an associate professor at the University of Antwerp and director at the research centre imec, Belgium. He is leading the IDLab Antwerp research group (100+ members), which is performing applied and fundamental research in the area of communication networks and distributed intelligence. His personal research interests are in the domain of machine learning and its application to wireless network optimization.
He received a Master of Science degree in computer science from Ghent University, Belgium and a Ph.D. in Computer Science Engineering from the same university with the title “Autonomic Quality of Experience Management of Multimedia Services”. He is author or co-author of more than 100 papers published in international journals or in the proceedings of international conferences. He is the recipient of the IEEE COMSOC award for best PhD in network and service management 2012, the IEEE NOMS Young Professional award 2014 and is a member of the Young Academy Belgium.
- AHA Award 2019
- KVAB Laureaat van de Klasse van de Technische wetenschappen 2019
- IEE COMSOC Young Professional Award 2015
- IEEE/IFIP NOMS Young Professional Award 2014, recognizing outstanding research contribution and leadership for young professionals in the field of network and service management
- Best student paper award at NOMS 2014 for Rashid Mijumbi, Joan Serrat, Juan Luis Gorricho, Maxim Claeys, Filip De Turck, & Steven Latré, “Design and Evaluation of Learning Algorithms for Dynamic Resource Management in Virtual Networks”. In proceedings of the 2014 IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), Krakow, Poland, 2014
- Best paper award at AIMS 2013 for Jens Devloo, Nils Lamot, Jelle van Campen, Evi Weymaere, Steven Latré, Jeroen Famaey, Ray van Brandenburg & Filip De Turck. “Design and Evaluation of Tile Selection Algorithms for Tiled HTTP Adaptive Streaming”. In proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (AIMS), Barcelona, Spain, 2013, pp 25-36
- Best PhD Dissertation in Network and Service Management, awarded by IEEE Comsoc at IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2012
- Best student paper award at IFIP/IEEE IM 2011 for Hendrik Moens, Jeroen Famaey, Steven Latré, Bart Dhoedt, & Filip De Turck, "Design and evaluation of a hierarchical application placement algorithm in large scale clouds", Proceedings of the 12th IFIP/IEEE international symposium on integrated network management (IM 2011), pp. 137–144, 2011