The research group conducts joint research and engages in collaborative teaching with research institutes from developing countries and with legal scholars from non-Western legal traditions.
The Law and Development research group has three priority partners, with whom it cooperates also closely for its Sustainable Development and Global Justice teaching programme:
- The National Law University (NLU) Delhi (India)
- The Pontifical Catholic University of Peru (PUCP) (Peru)
- The Centre for Human Rights of the University of Pretoria (South Africa)
Other institutional cooperation
Memoranda of understandings on research cooperation have been concluded with:
- Le centre des droits de l'homme of the Université Kongo (DRC)
- The Law Faculty of Chongqing University (China)
- Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS) Ranchi (India)
- The University of the Western Cape (UWC) Cape Town (South Africa)
- Humanities Faculty, Tarbiat Modares University Tehran (I.R. Iran)
The research group is involved in Institutional University Cooperation (IUS) with Universidad Catolica Boliviana San Pablo. In the past, it cooperated with Edward Mondlane in Mozambique (right to health) which led to joint organization of an annual Children's Rights course and exchange of researchers.