- Prof. dr. Marleen Verhoye (µNEURO co-promotor)
- Prof. dr. Daniele Bertoglio
- Em. Prof. dr. Annemie Van der Linden
- Dr. Elisabeth Jonckers
The Bio-imaging Lab is a research group of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences and a core facility of the University of Antwerp.
The group has a strong expertise in high resolution in vivo Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of small laboratory animals to study brain function in health and pathology. The research activities of the group focus on the use of preclinical MRI for:
- Unravelling disease mechanisms and identifying early imaging-based biomarkers in neurodegeneration.
- Studying neuroplasticity and brain connectivity in songbirds.
- Understanding neural networks in rodents via cell-type specific neuromodulation with optogenetics and chemogenetics.