1) Various DBD plasmas, gliding arc plasma and atmospheric pressure glow discharge, as well as analysis equipment (GC, MS) for gas conversion.
2) Several plasma jets and DBD plasmas for direct treatment of cancer cells, or treatment of liquid media (plasma treated liquids, PTLs) to be used for treatment of cancer cells. Research in collaboration with S. Dewilde (research group PPES, Biomedical Department) and Evelien Smits (Center for Oncological Research) for cancer cell culture and characterization.
3) Various types of models: 0D chemical reaction kinetics models, 2D/3D fluid dynamics simulations, Monte Carlo, particle-in-cell Monte Carlo, hybrid models, molecular dynamics, density functional theory simulations.
1) Chemical companies (interested in conversion of greenhouse gases and waste streams in value-added chemicals), Energy companies, Petrochemistry
2) Cancer researchers, hospitals
3) Microelectronics sector
Plasma catalysis, Co2 conversion, Chemical synthesis, Plasma, Cancer cells, Cancer treatment, Chemical process