You are not on your own!
Every year, around 250 PhD researchers defend their thesis publicly at the University of Antwerp and earn the title of 'doctor'.
The Antwerp Doctoral School supports you during your PhD career, to complete complete the PhD process successfully and to prepare for your future career by means of a tailor-made doctoral programme. To this end, the Antwerp Doctoral School organises a mandatory doctoral study programme which you can put together yourself depending on your needs and in consultation with your supervisor. You can choose from a wide range of courses that will develop your 'transferable skills' but can also incorporate research-related activities into the doctoral study programme. When you are enrolled as a PhD student at UAntwerp, you are automatically also enrolled for the doctoral study programme.
- A free and extensive offer of doctoral training courses: specialist courses developed and organised specifically for PhD researchers, a.o. about presentation skills, leadership, mind mapping, project management, academic writing, Access, Excel, etc.
- Educational credit to spend on conference participation and training in Belgium and abroad.
- Financial support for organising scientific activities such as conferences and lectures.
- Computer facilities
- Student jobs (see general website for all students)
- Language courses (see website for international students)