How do I pay?
You can pay your tuition fees:
- By bank transfer: After you have enrolled at the university you will receive a form with your login information and the payment details. Don't forget the structured reference and only use the information on your own form! You can always find the payment details and the structured reference in your SisA selfservice account under 'Finances'.
- Using Bancontact, Visa or Maestro: You can also pay at the registrar's office using Bancontact, Visa or Maestro. It is not possible to pay in cash.
When do I need to pay?
- We need to receive your advance payment as soon as possible after your enrolment.
- After you have submitted and/or amended your study programme using the SisA selfservice module, SisA will recalculate your tuition fees overnight. You can check your balance in SisA the next morning and pay the outstanding balance. In any case, the balance is always due as soon as possible.
Upon enrolment, you sign a study contract with the university. One of the conditions of this contract is that you pay tuition fees. Not paying the tuition fees you owe does not mean your enrolment will be cancelled. The tuition fee after enrolment is always required (based upon the credits in your course list), even if you decide to not attend lectures or end your enrolment. If you do not pay the minimum amount due, you will not receive a student card or study certificates. You also will not be able to use the university's facilities. If your payment is incomplete, your access to Blackboard will be blocked at some point during the academic year.
Did you pay too much tuition? Or have your tuition fees been recalculated because of a change in your course list or because you ended your enrolment? The registrar's office will pay any excess tuition fees back into the account listed with your personal details in your SisA selfservice account. Always make sure that you have included your account number (both IBAN and BIC) in your selfservice account. Keep in mind that the fixed amount of the tuition fee is never returned, even after ending your enrolment early.
Reimbursements are usually made after the enrolment period ends (i.e. from March onwards).
- A payment will only be registered if you have enrolled. The payment itself does not entitle you to (re-)enrol and will not reverse a cancelled enrolment.
- The registrar's office will send all communication about tuition fees to your UAntwerpen email address. Make sure you check your student email account regularly!