Attending a summer school is a low-threshold opportunity for refugees to get to know Flemish Higher Education. From summer 2018 onwards, a limited number of reduced registration fees (€50 or €100) for refugees is made available by University of Antwerp.
Admission requirements and eligibility
- The admission requirements for refugees with foreign pre-qualifications are the same as those for all summer school participants. Please note that each summer school has its own specific admission requirements, including prior qualifications. For details, please visit the webpage of the summer school of your preference.
- English is the language of instruction of all programmes within Antwerp Summer University. As active participation is compulsory in all summer schools, English proficiency in reading, speaking and writing is required.
- In order to be eligible for a reduced registration fee, the candidate should belong to one of the following categories: asylum seeker / refugee status / subsidiary protection or a family member being reunited with a refugee.
- Candidates should (have) complete(d) a study orientation plan at Atlas. Candidates who are/have already been enrolled at a Flemish Higher Education Institution are not eligible for this reduced fee. Contact information is available on this webpage.
- Applications can be submitted by filling in the online registration form via Mobility Online. Candidates have to fill in personal details, upload some documents and complete extra specific questions per summer school.
- Depending on the category, candidates for these reduced fees have to upload (a) different document(s):
- asylum seekers
Scan of Annex 26 (issued by the Immigration Office in Brussels)
- recognised refugees:
Scan both sides residence permit
- a person receiving protection on humanitarian grounds (Dutch: subsidiair beschermde)
Scan of the letter issued by the “office of the commissioner general for refugees and stateless persons”
- a family member being reunited with a refugee
Scan of both sides of the residence permit of your family member
Proof of family composition.
- Application deadlines vary between summer schools. Please refer to the webpage of your preferred summer school to find out more.
Overview fees and summer schools
An overview of all summer schools, including periods and application deadlines, can be found here.
- Registration fee of €50
- Books & Culture
- Innovation in Social Design
- B-Q MINDED Summer School
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Leadership in Nursing Excellence
- Children's Literature Summer School
- ALGAR 2019: Algebras with involution
- ROOHTS Summer School: Burgundian Blacks
- CityLAB VII. The Sustainable City: An Integrated Perspective
- Digital Humanities: Basic Skills for Digital Archives and Editions
- Registration fee of €100
- Fashion Management
- English for Academic Purposes
- Summer school on Vaccinology
- Europe: Diversity and Migration
- Antwerp Summer School on Urban Logistics
- The Enlightenment in Current Public Debate
- Storytelling in virtual reality. An immersive encounter
- Experience entrepreneurship. An intensive introduction
- From Mine to Finger. A deep dive into the world of Diamonds
- Companies crossing borders. Exploring various legal domains on the basis of a take-over case
Contact and more information
- For more information on Antwerp Summer University and the application procedure, please contact Mr Wannes Gijsels (firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 32654382).
- For special information for refugees looking to study at the University of Antwerp, please visit this webpage or make an appointment with Ms Parul Goel (email@example.com or +32 3265 3191).