Scholarships for University of Antwerp Students
Two types of scholarships are available for students who are currently enrolled as regular students of the University of Antwerp.
- Refund of €150/student after attending a summer or winter school organised at Antwerp Summer and Winter University. An overview of all eligible summer or winter schools can be found here. Students should prefinance the full registration fee and can claim a reimbursement of the allowance after submitting a certificate of attendance and proof of payment to the Antwerp Summer and Winter University Office. The following students qualify for this refund: University of Antwerp students regularly enrolled under a diploma contract in a Bachelor, Master, Advanced Master, Preparatory Programme, Bridging Programme or Academic Teaching Programme, in either academic year 2021-2022 or 2022-2023.
- Scholarship for a short international experience for students who qualify for financial aid by the Department of Social, Cultural and Studentaffairs (SCS) .
Please refer to the student portal ("internationale ervaring > beurzen") or contact the Antwerp Summer and Winter University Office for more information on these scholarships.
Scholarships and reduced registration fees for incoming students
At the moment these programmes offer the following opportunities for scholarships and/or reduced registration fees. This list will be updated with the full offer in February 2023.
- Antwerp Summer School on Urban Logistics.
Reduced registration fee for students - €450.
Master of Maritieme and Logistics Management students (max. 2) are free of charge as part of their Master's programme.
- Children's Literature Summer School.
Scholarships available for three PhD students who do not have funding to cover the registration fee. Lunch breaks included - €500
- Critical approaches to typography.
Students and alumni of the Plantin Institute of Typography are entitled to a refund of 10% (€60) after completion of the summer school.
- From Mine to Finger. A deep dive into the world of Diamonds.
Reduced registration fee for students - €300
- Leadership in Law. Develop your personal leadership skills.
Participants who study at one of our partner Universities of the Faculty of Law receive a discount of €50
Five full scholarships offered by Tiberghien, Argo Law, Ernst & Young, ECGB Advocaten, and Linklaters for law students from the University of Antwerp.
- Summer School on Vaccinology.
Scholarships are available for undergraduate students from the WHO-European region. ESPID-members (for at least two years) benefit from a reduced registration fee - €700
Reduced fees for refugees residing in Belgium
Attending a summer or winter school is a low-threshold opportunity for refugees to get to know Flemish Higher Education. From summer 2018 onwards, a limited number of reduced registration fees (€50 or €100) for refugees is made available by University of Antwerp.
Admission requirements and eligibility
- The admission requirements for refugees with foreign pre-qualifications are the same as those for all summer or winter school participants. Please note that each summer or winter school has its own specific admission requirements, including prior qualifications. For details, please visit the webpage of the summer or winter school of your preference.
- English is the language of instruction of all programmes within Antwerp Summer and Winter University. As active participation is compulsory in all summer or winter schools, English proficiency in reading, speaking and writing is required.
- In order to be eligible for a reduced registration fee, the candidate should belong to one of the following categories: asylum seeker / refugee status / subsidiary protection or a family member being reunited with a refugee.
- Candidates should (have) complete(d) a study orientation plan at Atlas. Candidates who are/have already been enrolled at a Flemish Higher Education Institution are not eligible for this reduced fee. Contact information is available on this webpage.
- Applications can be submitted by filling in the online registration form via Mobility Online. Candidates have to fill in personal details, upload some documents and complete extra specific questions per summer or winter school.
- Depending on the category, candidates for these reduced fees have to upload (a) different document(s):
- asylum seekersScan of Annex 26 (issued by the Immigration Office in Brussels)
- recognised refugees:Scan both sides residence permit
- a person receiving protection on humanitarian grounds (Dutch: subsidiair beschermde)Scan of the letter issued by the “office of the commissioner general for refugees and stateless persons”
- a family member being reunited with a refugeeScan of both sides of the residence permit of your family memberProof of family composition.
- Application deadlines vary between summer and winter schools. Please refer to the webpage of your preferred intensive programme to find out more.
Below you will find an overview of the registration fees for 2023. The information of upcoming programmes will be known as for February 2023. Sign up for our newsletter to stay tuned about the launch of our full offer. An overview of our current offer can be found here.
Registration fee of €50
- Children's Literature Summer School
- Critical Approaches to Typography
- From Mine to Finger: A deep dive into the world of Diamonds
- IDW 2023. International Design Workshop Week
- Summer School on Vaccinology
Registration fee of €100
- Antwerp Summer School on Urban Logistics
Contact and more information
- For more information on Antwerp Summer and Winter University and the application procedure, please contact Mr Jasper Vanhaelemeesch (email@example.com or +32 32655069).
- For special information for refugees looking to study at the University of Antwerp, please visit this webpage or make an appointment with Ms Parul Goel (firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 3265 3191).