The University of Antwerp is excited to offer a scholarship programme in collaboration with the Daughters For Life foundation (DFL). The scholarships provide a unique opportunity to eligible candidates from the Middle East to study a Bachelor or Master programme at the University of Antwerp. We want to empower candidates from the region to develop their potential to be
- The voices of equality
- The leaders of development
- Agents of change in their communities
- Promotors of peace in the Middle East and around the world
The scholarships are offered with the support of the external organisations Cusanus and Zonta.
Applications are screened by both DFL and the University of Antwerp, and candidates must meet the selection criteria of both organisations.
Note: The application deadlines for DFL-UAntwerp scholarships are different from the general application deadlines for all international students.
You can apply for the DFL scholarship if you are:
- A citizen and resident of one of the following countries in the Middle East: Palestine, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq or Morocco
- In financial need
- Committed to returning to your home country once studies are complete, to benefit your community
Additional required criteria
- Achieving success despite adversity and hardship
- Making an outstanding contribution to improving the lives of girls and women through work and volunteering at school and in the community.
- Aim to positively contribute to all communities you join
- Proven compassion, creativity and perseverance
- Reaching significant academic grades (a minimum of 75% unless the program you are applying to requires a higher grade)
- Having a strong command of English that meets the academic institution’s requirement
- An offer of admission to a program from Daughters For Life Academic Partner
You will also need to meet the academic requirements for the study programme you want to follow at the University of Antwerp. Each programme has its own academic prerequisites and language requirements. See the list of eligible programmes below for more information.
Study programmes that qualify for a DFL-UAntwerp scholarship
The following study programmes qualify for DFL scholarships.
Bachelor degree programmes
Master degree programmes
Advanced Master degree programmes
After ensuring you meet all the eligibility criteria of the study programme as well as of DFL, you must complete two separate stages simultaneously:
1. Apply to the University of Antwerp
Applications to the university are not done through DFL. You have to meet the programme's admission requirements and apply directly. Read the admission procedure and contact the DFL coordinator directly for additional information. Don't forget to mention that you are a DFL applicant.
For your application to be considered for a DFL scholarship, it needs to be submitted via our online application tool Mobility Online before the deadline of 20 January 2023. Note that this early deadline is only for DFL scholarships. Any applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered for the scholarship.
2. Apply to the DFL Scholarship Programme
You will be asked to provide your UAntwerp application number. Please instead specify the date you submitted your UAntwerp application and the email address you provided as part of your application.
Scholarship applications for the academic year 2023-2024 can be submitted within the following timeframe:
- DFL applications open 1 November 2022
- DFL applications close 20 January 2023
- UAntwerp applications open 7 November 2022
- UAntwerp applications close 20 January 2023