- Are you fascinated by current societal and economical challenges?
- Want to broaden your perspective and assess the impact of globalisation?
If so, the brand new Bachelor of Social-Economic Sciences is just what you are looking for. This unique, cross-disciplinary study allows you to develop competences related to socio-economic policy, business, economics, sociology, mathematics and statistics. The English Bachelor in Social-Economic Sciences will be organised for the first time in the academic year of 2021 - 2022. This programme is subject to governmental approval.
In this unique, cross-disciplinary study you develop competences related to sociology, business and economics.
- In the first year, the programme’s broad curriculum will introduce you to several different fields, helping you to discover where your interests lie
- so that you have the freedom to pursue a Major in Economics, Sociology or Business in the second and third year. These electives determine the Master’s programmes in which you can subsequently enroll.
The explicit international nature of the study will ensure you become part of a multicultural classroom. This way, you will be prepared to take on any venture, both during and after your studies
After your Bachelor’s programme, you can enrol on one of our English Master’s programmes in Economic Policy, Political Science or Business Economics. If you are proficient in Dutch, there are a number of Dutch Master’s programmes you could also consider.
Our graduates occupy decision-making positions which have a strong impact on society. They are consultants, managers, academics and advisors who work for international NGOs, start-ups, governments, banks, consultancies, accounting firms, etc.
Choosing to study at the University of Antwerp means choosing a top-quality education.
- Our AACSB accreditation illustrates our high-quality teaching and research and offer our students a range of international opportunities on all continents.
- The Financial Times included the University of Antwerp in the best European Business Schools ranking.
- The Faculty of Social Sciences is ranked in the Shanghai Sociology Subject Ranking 2020 and Shanghai Political Sciences Subject Ranking 2020.