Research coordinator for the OEC µNEURO Consortium
Departement : Faculteit Wetenschappen
Regime : Voltijds
The University of Antwerp is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy (f/m) as
Research coordinator for the OEC µNEURO Consortium
Neuropathological research is an interdisciplinary field, in which imaging and image-guided interventions have become indispensable. However, the rapid proliferation of ever-more inquisitive technologies and the different scales at which they operate have created a bottleneck at the level of integration. To meet a growing demand for holistic interpretation of multi-scale (molecule, cell, organ(oid), organism) and multi-layered (imaging, omics, chemo-physical) information on (dys)function of the central and peripheral nervous system, we have conceived µNEURO, a consortium comprising seven established teams with complementary expertise in neurology, biomedical and microscopic imaging, functional genomics and advanced data analysis. The goal of µNEURO is to expedite neuropathological research and identify pathogenic mechanisms in neurodevelopmental and -degenerative disorders on a cell-to-organism wide scale. Processing large spatiotemporally resolved image data sets and cross-correlating multimodal images with targeted perturbations takes center stage. Furthermore, inclusion of (pre)clinical teams will accelerate translation to a clinical setting and allow scrutinizing clinical cases with animal and cellular models. As knowledge-hub for neuro-oriented image-omics, µNEURO will foster advances for the University and community.
The OEC µNEURO strives to unite neuropathologists, neuroscientists, neuroimagers and method developers at the University of Antwerp to enable more comprehensive, top-level neuroscience research. To do so, µNEURO sets forth the following objectives:
- Development and integration of multi-scale and multi-modal interrogation methods;
- Translational platform for diagnostic biomarkers and therapeutic compounds;
- Panoptic view on neuropathological conditions and their causative mechanisms
To channel the implementation of this initiative, µNEURO is seeking for a skilled and motivated manager with an interdisciplinary mindset.
Your main task is to detect common ground or collaboration opportunities within the research consortium, to consolidate bridges between the different member groups and to build new bridges with other research groups from within the University and beyond.
Concrete tasks include:
- Daily follow-up of running basic/preclinical research projects
- Identification of complementary expertise and research interests
- Establishment of new collaborations with academic and the private partners
- Preparation of scientific project applications for national and international calls (e.g. EU H2020)
- Scientific reporting to the funding bodies
- Organization of OEC meetings
- Setup and maintenance of the OEC µNEURO website
- Identification of and communication on novel research findings, tools, infrastructure, etc.
- Interaction with innovation managers to exploit and valorize research results
- Participation in international conferences and networks to promote µNEURO
Profile and requirements:
- You are holder of a Master in Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, (Bio)Engineering, or similar by experience. A doctoral degree in the domain of the consortium is preferred.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant expertise in one of the following research fields:
- Biomedical image/data analysis
- Biomedical microscopy
- In vivo small animal imaging (MRI, PET/CT, SPECT/CT, optical, multimodality, etc.
- Medical imaging
- Biomedical research and translational research in Neurosciences
- Experience in attracting external research funding from the private and public sector in the domain of applied research on national as well as international level is desirable.
- Experience with EU projects and the related administration is an advantage.
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and possess strong managerial and communication skills.
- You have excellent networking skills and build relationships with the various stakeholders.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You can lead and stimulate teams without formal authority.
- a 5 year contract, depending on a positive evaluation;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 3.974,32 to € 6.195,62 depending on academic qualifications and former professional experience;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment;
- flexible working hours;
- 40 days of holiday and 1 week of collective closing (one week between Christmas and New Year);
- reimbursement of public transport for home-work travel;
- bicycle allowance;
- date of appointment: as soon as possible.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until 23 July 2020. Click on 'apply', complete the online application form and don’t forget to include the following document(s): (1) a motivation letter, a detailed CV (including followed courses, honours, grades, previous work, programming skills, publications,…) and contact info of two references.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.