Sunčica Vujić is an Associate Professor of Econometrics at the University of Antwerp since October 2014.
Sunčica is an applied econometrician who has done work in the field of labour economics, with a focus on economics of education, crime, health, poverty and inequality. Her recent research interests also include economic and pro-social behaviour within organisations (social businesses) and returns to entrepreneurship. Additionally, she focuses on transition and emerging market economies, particularly Western Balkans. Methodologically, she uses a rich set of econometric tools applied to multi-source (survey and recorded) and multi-dimensional (cross-sectional, panel, time series) data.
- Before joining the University of Antwerp, Sunčica was a Lecturer in Economics (with tenure) at the University of Bath (2011-2014).
- Prior to Bath, Sunčica had a two-year University Postdoctural Research Fellowship at the London School of Economics & Political Science (2009-2011).
- In summer 2011, she was a Visiting Fellow at the Amsterdam Centre for Entrepreneurship (ACE) at the University of Amsterdam.
- In the period 2008-2009, she worked as a Research Economist at ORTEC Finance Consultancy in Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
- In the period 2006-2008, she worked as a Research Economist at the Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis (CPB) in the Hague.
- During her PhD, she spent one year as a Research Assistant at the Centre for Economic Performance (CEP) at the London School of Economics & Political Science (2004-2005).
- In addition to the above posts, Sunčica held Adjunct Lectureship positions at the University of Groningen (2009), the University of Freiburg (2008), and the VU University Amsterdam (2006), where she taught applied econometrics, economics of education and statistics courses.
- In the period 2000-2006, she was a Research and Teaching Assistant at the VU University Amsterdam.
Sunčica has been awarded grants and scholarships as a sole recipient, principal or co-investigator from the South West Crucible; CERGE-E1 GDN Research Competition; The European Union; the Swiss Agency for Development and Co-operation, Regional Research Promotion Programme Western Balkans; UNICEF; WUS Austria; the Serbian Government (Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction Unit); the Royal Economic Society; the Economic and Social Research Council Grant (ESRC); the Dittmer Foundation; the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE); the Open Society Institute.
- European Expert Network on Economics of Education (EENEE)
- Centre for Development Studies (CDS), University of Bath
- Centre for the Analysis of Social Policy (CASP), University of Bath
- LSEE Research Network on Social Cohesion in South Eastern Europe
- Foundation for the Advancement of Economics (FREN), Belgrade
Sunčica is currently a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Education and Work.
Sunčica completed her doctoral research in economics at the Economics and Econometrics Departments at the VU University in Amsterdam (2009). Prior to this, she has received an MPhil degree from the Tinbergen Institute in Amsterdam (2002). She has also received an MSc degree from the Economics Department at the Central European University (CEU) in Budapest (2000) and a BSc degree from the Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade (1997).
In 2013, Sunčica became a UK Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
- Advanced Econometric Methods & Applications
- Labour Economics
- Labour & Policy